These look delicious. Time to buy a waffle iron!
Ingredients for 8 waffles
- 1 cup raw oats, blended into flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 3 eggs + 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin purée (or baked sweet potato)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional, but recommended)
- Spray olive oil
- Fire up the waffle iron.
- In a high powered blender or food processor, oats and blend until you create flour. Set in a bowl and mix with baking powder.
- Add cottage cheese to the blender and blend until it becomes soft, creamy and smooth with little to no curds. Add it to the bowl with the flour along with the eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until the batter is thick, yet still runny. Note: if you’d like to make pancakes instead, simply add in another egg white and/or add tablespoons of almond milk until the batter is slightly more runny.
- Add the batter to the waffle iron and cook until your desired readiness, about 3 to 6 minutes. If you’re making these for weekly meal prep, allow the waffles to completely cool before wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in the freezer.
- Enjoy with fresh berries and your choice of syrup or agave.
(via Fit Men Cook)